Saturday, 20 March 2010

On the move...Again

Well what a week,Last Friday was the first time we saw the inside of my sons new house.It wasn't as easy as picking up a key oh no.It was sitting outside for over an hour waiting for a lock smith!.There was no way he could get in the front door so we trailed round the back (to the end of the terrace and then up the back)and eventually he managed to get in.(The house in the picture is not it by the way!just in case you thought we were millionaires)

Now from the outside we knew it wouldn't be good and it hasn't been lived in or even entered for 4 years!It looks like the previous occupants just got up one morning and left.There was still water and what i think was a sponge in the bath!We had to fight through the jungle both front and back to get to the doors.The front door had a tree growing right across it.

So Saturday was the day me and daughter No 3 threw all the last occupants belongings into black bags and took the first two loads to the tip,then Sunday 2 more tip trips.Monday morning i had the agonising Waite for the gas board and electric board.Anytime between 8am and 8pm the cheery lady told me.The thought of sitting in that house all day didn't thrill me,so i made a start on the front garden.(I wish id taken pictures.I will of the rest of the house) 4 hours and a bad back later i was pretty pleased with myself.Both the gas and electric men came together about half an hour later.Once they had done the 7 bags of gardening rubbish and me went back to my now new 2nd home the tip.Tuesday,Wednesday and Thursday were pretty much the same.Then Friday was fun.I met the carpet cleaner man there as two of the carpets (each bedroom) look good quality and should clean up well,the rest will go in the skip next week with the kitchen and bathroom.Then the tree surgeon arrived to chop down 3 trees one by the front door two in the back.He did a great job and with his chain saw chopped most of the back jungle down as well.After he left i got my wellies on picked up my garden broom and a shovel and went down into the dreaded cellar.

The house is on a natural spring and the cellar was ankle deep in sludge.I shoveled buckets full up and eventually swilled the whole floor with clean water and moped it all up again.I have to say job well done.I don't know how often it will flood but if each time its cleaned up and ventilated it should be ok.This morning i have painted his front bedroom.I will tell you about that next tomorrow,I just hope my son is ok with pink wood work!

No comments:

Post a Comment